When we enjoy being in our kitchen we will spend more time creating delicious meals that nurture our bodies and souls. If we don't enjoy them or dislike them, we will find excuses not to spend time making healthy dinners for our families. As the saying goes "The kitchen is where the Heart is" and I personally believe this to be true. Your kitchen represents your health and the connections that you have with your family members.
In Feng Shui, our kitchens are one of the most important rooms in our homes no matter where they are located on the Bagua Map because the stove is the appliance that generates a flow of abundance because of it's fire energy. The Stove creates the fire energy that enters the kitchen through the burners on the stove which brings with it the "Chi" that draws in prosperity.
My Feng Shui recommendations for your kitchen to help keep you and your family healthy as well as to keep your Wealth flowing in is to make this room bright, happy and beautiful. Kitchens are one of the more active or yang areas of the home, so bring in the brighter colors, inspiring artwork, brighter lighting and nature. Live plants and/or pictures of nature always inspire our souls.
Tips for your kitchen and your wealth:
1. Get your kitchen organized – kitchens seems to attract everyone's "Stuff". To avoid this, set up specific places for everyone's "stuff" to go so that it doesn't end up on your kitchen counter, stove top, on top of the fridge or in your cupboards. As we all know, Kitchens never have enough cupboard or counter space and these spots are considered "Prime Real Estate" so don't allow people's "stuff" to be left there.
2. Make sure your oven, stove top burners and knobs are all in good working order, clear of "Stuff" and kept clean because your stove oversees your finances and brings in the prosperity energy or “chi”.
3. Try to use all 4 burners rather than just using one particular one as it keeps the energy flowing. When the fire is flowing freely through all the burners, this means that the fire energy connected to your finances is working in your favor.
4. The stove should be placed in the "Power" position of the room. The "Power" position location is when the cook is at the stove and he or she is facing the most frequently used kitchen entryway. In Feng Shui, they believe that the cook's energy goes into the food that they are making, if they get surprised or scared by someone sneaking up on them then that energy goes into the food they are making for their family.
5.If you are unable to move your oven then place a mirror behind the oven or place something reflective on your stove top for you to be able to see who's coming up behind you.
6. By adding something reflective like a tea kettle on the stop top or a hood above the burners this will double your burners which doubles your wealth energy.
7. If you eat your meals in your kitchen make this a "No Electronics" zone. Keep meal time a calm and sharing time, a time to reconnect with your love ones. Have a beautiful table with comfortable chairs, artwork on the wall and nice dishes to eat off of. If you live alone, make it a ritual of also turning off your electronics and putting on some inspiring music to relax to while enjoying your meal.
8. Fix any leaks that you have because in Feng Shui, water energy also affects your money flow as well as your emotional reactions to all life situations.
Tonight have a relaxed and enjoyable evening and tomorrow start Feng Shui'ing your kitchens to help your health and your finances.
I am a Certified Feng Shui Practitioner, Professional Organizer, Young living Essential Oils Distributor and mother of two children.