1. Clean with Citrus - At this time of year we don't normally open up our windows as often as we would in the Spring, Summer or Fall so why not bring the "Sunshine" feeling into your home all year long.
A great way to do that is by cleaning with a Citrus essential oil like Young Living's Lemon, Orange, Citrus Fresh and Grapefruit. These oils are great for cleaning your home or office because they can lift the stagnant energy and get the positive energy flowing.
Here's some quick and easy cleaning recipes to make your own 100% pure natural cleaning products:
*Mix Young Living's Orange or Grapefruit essential oils with some vinegar and you have a natural window cleaner.
*Add Young Living's "Citrus Fresh" essential oil with Distilled water and you have a natural all purpose cleaner to use throughout your home.
*Young Living also has a wonderful smelling and great cleaning product called "Thieves"...it's made with Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus Radiata....it smells heavenly!!
*If you would like to order any Young Living essential oils or if you would like to become a member and receive a free membership contact me at 905-391-8801.
2. Go shopping in your own home to adjust the energy in your environment. When the energy in your home feels "Stuck" it might be time to change the environment...a great way to do this is to start moving furniture around in your home. For an example: Take a chair from the dining room and put it in your office or take a piece of art from the living room and place it in your Foyer. Simple little things like this can make a real difference in how the energy feels in a room.
3. Take a look in your closets, under your bed, in your basement and in your cupboards and really get honest with yourself and only keep what you really Love and Need...no guilt trips, no what if's and no but it cost me... If you haven't used it in the past year then it's time to say "Goodbye". This is a great way to get rid of any negative or stagnant energy in your home and you may even find something to help you redecorate your home with.
4. With winter comes much more darkness so it's time to make some changes to your environment to remove the stagnant energy that comes with winter. You can do this by doing both of these things:
A) - Change your Light bulbs to full spectrum lighting - Here's some information about the benefits of Full Spectrum Lights
What are full spectrum lights?
* They provide a clear, brilliant, white light equivalent to natural light.
* They simulate the exact color of sunlight at noon.
Why use full spectrum lights?
* Since people spend more time indoors there is a need for a source of beneficial light.
* Mal Illumination is caused by the lack of sunlight to the human body.
How do full spectrum lights help?
* Simulates the optical brilliance of sunlight.
* Generates clearer vision and higher perception.
* Less glare and less eye fatigue.
* Stimulates the pineal gland - producing the hormones serotonin and melatonin.
What are the health benefits of full spectrum lighting?
Benefits from exposure to full spectrum lighting may include:
* increased oxygen intake
* a reduced heart rate
* increased ability to absorb vitamin D & calcium
* improved muscle utilization
* less stress
What is SAD?
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a condition brought on by the lack of beneficial sunlight, experienced during the winter months. Symptoms include depression, irritability and energy loss.
B) Open up your curtains and blinds during the day to let the sunshine in (well when the sun actually decides to show up LOL) Doing this can help
with mood swings, outlook on life and increase your energy level.
Spend time improving the energy in your home this Winter...your LIFE will thank me! ;)
I am a Certified Feng Shui Practitioner, Professional Organizer, Young living Essential Oils Distributor and mother of two children.