I just finished watching "The Abundance Factor" movie and I really enjoyed it and thought that today's "Tip a Day with Feng Shui" will be about "Gratitude". Being grateful is another tool you can use when applying Feng Shui. As I'm sure that you have heard or read that "Thoughts are Things". When you FEEL grateful for the things and people that you do have in your life...you will attract more things and people to be grateful for. ..it really is that simple!
Here are 3 exercises that came from this movie that you can choose to do...
Exercise #1: Being grateful everyday!
1. Write down 10 things that you are truly grateful for everyday
2. Send love to 3 people that are bothering you (I have done this many times when I've had issues with different people in my life and it amazes me each and every time when the situation completely turns around in my favor. LOL)
3. Be quiet for 5 minutes and ask for direction for the day
Exercise #2: To help train your brain to be more Optimistic...this exercise should be done for at least 21 days
1. Every day for 2 minutes write down 3 NEW things that you are grateful for that day *By the end of the 21 days you will have "63" new things to be grateful for - now that's pretty amazing, isn't it?*
Exercise #3: Give before you are ready or able to give
1.Don't wait for the perfect time, amount of money or situation to give something away to someone (time, money, love, "stuff" etc...) who could really use it. When you "Pay it forward" you will be amazed at how wonderful you feel from doing this, probably as much or maybe even more than the person you are trying to help.
Things to remember:
Negative thoughts create a negative reality!
Relax and enjoy the journey!
Be in a space of Gratitude today, tomorrow and always!
Enjoy your Sunday!
When we enjoy being in our kitchen we will spend more time creating delicious meals that nurture our bodies and souls. If we don't enjoy them or dislike them, we will find excuses not to spend time making healthy dinners for our families. As the saying goes "The kitchen is where the Heart is" and I personally believe this to be true. Your kitchen represents your health and the connections that you have with your family members.
In Feng Shui, our kitchens are one of the most important rooms in our homes no matter where they are located on the Bagua Map because the stove is the appliance that generates a flow of abundance because of it's fire energy. The Stove creates the fire energy that enters the kitchen through the burners on the stove which brings with it the "Chi" that draws in prosperity.
My Feng Shui recommendations for your kitchen to help keep you and your family healthy as well as to keep your Wealth flowing in is to make this room bright, happy and beautiful. Kitchens are one of the more active or yang areas of the home, so bring in the brighter colors, inspiring artwork, brighter lighting and nature. Live plants and/or pictures of nature always inspire our souls.
Tips for your kitchen and your wealth:
1. Get your kitchen organized – kitchens seems to attract everyone's "Stuff". To avoid this, set up specific places for everyone's "stuff" to go so that it doesn't end up on your kitchen counter, stove top, on top of the fridge or in your cupboards. As we all know, Kitchens never have enough cupboard or counter space and these spots are considered "Prime Real Estate" so don't allow people's "stuff" to be left there.
2. Make sure your oven, stove top burners and knobs are all in good working order, clear of "Stuff" and kept clean because your stove oversees your finances and brings in the prosperity energy or “chi”.
3. Try to use all 4 burners rather than just using one particular one as it keeps the energy flowing. When the fire is flowing freely through all the burners, this means that the fire energy connected to your finances is working in your favor.
4. The stove should be placed in the "Power" position of the room. The "Power" position location is when the cook is at the stove and he or she is facing the most frequently used kitchen entryway. In Feng Shui, they believe that the cook's energy goes into the food that they are making, if they get surprised or scared by someone sneaking up on them then that energy goes into the food they are making for their family.
5.If you are unable to move your oven then place a mirror behind the oven or place something reflective on your stove top for you to be able to see who's coming up behind you.
6. By adding something reflective like a tea kettle on the stop top or a hood above the burners this will double your burners which doubles your wealth energy.
7. If you eat your meals in your kitchen make this a "No Electronics" zone. Keep meal time a calm and sharing time, a time to reconnect with your love ones. Have a beautiful table with comfortable chairs, artwork on the wall and nice dishes to eat off of. If you live alone, make it a ritual of also turning off your electronics and putting on some inspiring music to relax to while enjoying your meal.
8. Fix any leaks that you have because in Feng Shui, water energy also affects your money flow as well as your emotional reactions to all life situations.
Tonight have a relaxed and enjoyable evening and tomorrow start Feng Shui'ing your kitchens to help your health and your finances.
How to make your doors work for you, not against you:
Squeaky doors - Does your door squeak or whine when you open or close it? A squeaky door is annoying and no matter what area it is on the Bagua that annoyance will transfer to that area of your life.
Two natural ways to get rid of that squeaky door:
1. Rub a cucumber slice on the hinge
2. Rub a bar of soap on the hinge
Stuck doors - Does your doors stick and make it hard to open? The frustration that you feel every time you try to open that door will transfer to that part of your life. Example: If your door is stuck in the relationship gua, guess what issue you will have in your relationship with your significant other? Yup, you guessed it...one of you will start to feel "Stuck"... Fix those stuck doors today...it could save your relationship.
Feng Shui Plants:
Plants can be a wonderful benefit to your home or office. There are a variety of plants that make great Feng Shui cures as they add beauty to your space as well as they help remove Pollutants from your environment, for example; benzene and trichloroethylene.
Hanging plants and indoor vines can be used to soften corners that shoot killing Chi into a space while colorful and flowering plants can be used to correspond with the colors that relate to that area of the Bagua.
4 added benefits to using plants as a Feng Shui cure:
- Instantly make a space feel like a home
- Can fit into anyone's home's decor
Whenever possible use real live plants, although realistic looking silk plants can be used in Feng Shui for spaces with low light (such as in basements) or for people who don't have a green thumb. As I mentioned in "Part A" of my "Tip a Day with Feng Shui", remove any dead or dying plants as they create stagnant and dead energy.
Money trees and Bamboo stalks are fun, easy to grow and a nice addition to any space.
Some suggestions to consider for indoor plants:
-Lady or Areca Palms
Take a look around your environment and see where a new plant could make a big difference for your health and your Feng Shui.
There are many different ways to do a space clearing but in the end all the results are the same... the energy in your environment will be fresher and clearer and you may even feel lighter like a weight
has been lifted off your shoulders.
After I do either the Salt burn and/or the Essential oil space clearing in my clients home or office I receive a call, text or email usually within a day of their consultation from them saying how much better they feel and how much this has helped them to feel motivated to do XYZ.
When I work with my clients I always recommend that they perform a space clearing before they add any Feng Shui cures which includes de-cluttering because they will get better and faster results.
What is space clearing?
Space clearing is the art of clearing and revitalizing the energies
in an environment.
Why is space clearing necessary?
Energetically, everything that happens in your environment goes into everything around you. That energy is attached to the floor, ceiling, walls, furniture and in every other item you have in your environment including your clothing, animals, your loved ones and even yourself.
Actions and behaviors that are repetitive, good or bad, are deeply imprinted and these actions that have strong emotions attached especially those of a trauma, are the ones that are strongly imprinted.
I'm sure you have all walked into a room after someone has had an argument and you can literally feel the energy that is still hanging in the air... even if that argument happened a few hours before you arrived. You don't always know what happened but you can always feel an uncomfortable and uneasy feeling.
Who needs space clearing?
I would say pretty much just about everyone. If you are looking for an easy way to clear any negative energies that are hanging around or you just want your home to feel energetically clean and clear then I would recommend doing a space clearing.
How often should you do a space clearing?
I would say it depends on what's going on in your life, who has lived in your home or on the land that you have built your home or business on. The least amount would be once a year.
If you have a lot of stress in your life or are going through a difficult time ie. Divorce, Death of a loved one, going back to school, making a major life change then I would recommend doing maintenance space clearing once a week or at least once a month but in the end, you have to decide what works for you.
How do you do a space clearing?
I am going to share with you two space clearings that I love to do. My recommendation is to try them both and then you decide which one works best for you.
Using Essential Oils For Clearing Negative Energy Around You!
When you enter a room it either makes you feel light and happy or drained and tired... either way, you are responding to the energy of that environment. Essential oils can help you to clear away any stagnant or negative energy and raise your vibrational frequency which will make you feel better. Depending on which essential oils you use to clear your space when you are finished your environment will smell sooo good!
I would recommend that you use Young Living essential oils when doing this space clearing... I say this because, in my opinion, these oils are the purest and the best on the market. If you want to understand why I feel this way and/or learn more about Young Living essential oils please click on this link and watch these video...you will thank me later. If you are interested in ordering any Young Living products please contact us at 905-391-8801 as we would be happy to help you.
ESSENTIAL OIL SPACE CLEARING
You will need:
1 glass spray bottle
8 or more drops of your favorite essential oil
I normally add 8 to 9 drops of my favorite essential oil to a glass bottle because according to Feng Shui, the most auspicious numbers, based on the sound of the numbers, are eight and nine. The number eight sounds like the word for rich or wealth. Number nine equates to a long life or eternity. However, depending on the size of the bottle and the room when I add any more drops I will do so by 8 or 9's - 8, 16, 24/9, 18, 27.
Performing the Essential oil Space Clearing
You can use this type of Space Clearing to clear away any negative energy in your environment in your homes, offices, basements, storage lockers, classrooms, vehicles, boats, sheds, garages etc...
*I use the SINGLES to perform the space clearing and then once I have cleared the negative energy I then either diffuse or spray the BLENDS to help reinforce what it is that I am wanting to attract.
Sage, Frankincense, Lemon, Lavender, North Lights Black Spruce, Cedarwood etc.
Abundance, Clarity, Purification, Forgiveness, Peace & Calming, Highest Potential, Gratitude etc.
The 2nd Space Clearing that I would recommend is to do a Saltburn.
This ritual was shown to me by one of my amazing Feng Shui teachers Karen Rauch Carter. This is a very powerful way to clear the stagnant and/or negative energy of a room and it's so easy to do.
SALT BURN SPACE CLEARING
You will need:
1 coffee mug you don't mind throwing away
A fire-safe place to place the mug into (I.e aluminum pan)
3 handfuls of Epsom salt
Lighter or matches
A bottle of high-alcohol content alcohol (80% proof or higher as anything lower won't burn) *Karen recommends using an unopened bottle of alcohol every time but that isn't always possible with the price of our liquor here in Ontario Canada compared to her's in the U.S. LOL
Performing the Salt burn
-Place the coffee mug in a shallow pan of water
-Fill your palm with Epsom salt and place it into the mug (three times)
-Pour the alcohol into the mug to just cover the salt
-Light a match and drop it into the mug
-While the mixture is lit, visualize any negative, sluggish or inappropriate energies for you going into the fire and being transformed into positive energy or simply taken away.
-If you would like, you can add a mantra, mudra or prayer that you feel connected to.
When the salt burns out, let it cool down (approx 20-30 minutes) then take the mug with the Epsom salts in it and throw it into the garbage outside. Do not leave it in your home as that negative energy that you just removed is still in that mug!
*Remember: Never leave this coffee mug unattended while It's burning
The benefits of combining Feng Shui and Space clearings
For your life to run smoothly it is vital to have a good flow of clear, vibrant energy in every environment that you are in, especially when it's for long periods of time. When you perform a space clearing you are clearing away stuck and/or negative energy/chi. Doing this will help make your Feng Shui cure work better and faster in addition it will make you and your loved ones feel better!
To book your Feng Shui consultation or to order any Young Living
essential oils please contact us at 905-391-8801.
Thank you and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Clean with Citrus - At this time of year we don't normally open up our windows as often as we would in the Spring, Summer or Fall so why not bring the "Sunshine" feeling into your home all year long.
A great way to do that is by cleaning with a Citrus essential oil like Young Living's Lemon, Orange, Citrus Fresh and Grapefruit. These oils are great for cleaning your home or office because they can lift the stagnant energy and get the positive energy flowing.
Here's some quick and easy cleaning recipes to make your own 100% pure natural cleaning products:
*Mix Young Living's Orange or Grapefruit essential oils with some vinegar and you have a natural window cleaner.
*Add Young Living's "Citrus Fresh" essential oil with Distilled water and you have a natural all purpose cleaner to use throughout your home.
*Young Living also has a wonderful smelling and great cleaning product called "Thieves"...it's made with Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus Radiata....it smells heavenly!!
*If you would like to order any Young Living essential oils or if you would like to become a member and receive a free membership contact me at 905-391-8801.
2. Go shopping in your own home to adjust the energy in your environment. When the energy in your home feels "Stuck" it might be time to change the environment...a great way to do this is to start moving furniture around in your home. For an example: Take a chair from the dining room and put it in your office or take a piece of art from the living room and place it in your Foyer. Simple little things like this can make a real difference in how the energy feels in a room.
3. Take a look in your closets, under your bed, in your basement and in your cupboards and really get honest with yourself and only keep what you really Love and Need...no guilt trips, no what if's and no but it cost me... If you haven't used it in the past year then it's time to say "Goodbye". This is a great way to get rid of any negative or stagnant energy in your home and you may even find something to help you redecorate your home with.
4. With winter comes much more darkness so it's time to make some changes to your environment to remove the stagnant energy that comes with winter. You can do this by doing both of these things:
A) - Change your Light bulbs to full spectrum lighting - Here's some information about the benefits of Full Spectrum Lights
What are full spectrum lights?
* They provide a clear, brilliant, white light equivalent to natural light.
* They simulate the exact color of sunlight at noon.
Why use full spectrum lights?
* Since people spend more time indoors there is a need for a source of beneficial light.
* Mal Illumination is caused by the lack of sunlight to the human body.
How do full spectrum lights help?
* Simulates the optical brilliance of sunlight.
* Generates clearer vision and higher perception.
* Less glare and less eye fatigue.
* Stimulates the pineal gland - producing the hormones serotonin and melatonin.
What are the health benefits of full spectrum lighting?
Benefits from exposure to full spectrum lighting may include:
* increased oxygen intake
* a reduced heart rate
* increased ability to absorb vitamin D & calcium
* improved muscle utilization
* less stress
What is SAD?
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a condition brought on by the lack of beneficial sunlight, experienced during the winter months. Symptoms include depression, irritability and energy loss.
B) Open up your curtains and blinds during the day to let the sunshine in (well when the sun actually decides to show up LOL) Doing this can help
with mood swings, outlook on life and increase your energy level.
Spend time improving the energy in your home this Winter...your LIFE will thank me! ;)
Is your environment (home, office and yes even your vehicle) ready to help you attract all the wonderful experiences, people and things you want in your life?
With the New Year just around the corner the best thing you can do from a Feng Shui perspective is get your home, office and even your vehicle ready for the upcoming year.
In Feng Shui we believe that your environment reflects your life and your life reflects your environment. So to prepare for the New Year and to attract all those wonderful opportunities let's get your environment ready! Here we go...
1) Start decluttering – just start in any area of your home or office... it doesn't matter where you start, just start! Remove everything and anything that you don't LOVE or that you feel any negative feelings towards... yes that includes people too. LOL
You will be amazed at how good you feel when you declutter even just one area of one room. Decluttering can be very refreshing and it can even help make you feel a little lighter... and who doesn't want to feel lighter after all that holidays eating we've done! ;)
2) Clean your environment – There's nothing worse than starting a New Year off with stagnant and stuck energy. Give your house a good cleaning by dusting, vacuuming, doing the dishes, wiping down cupboards, putting away the Holiday decorations, doing the laundry and washing the floors. And if it's not too cold outside, open up the windows and let the fresh air in. That fresh air alone can make you feel incredible!
This also means getting your vehicle cleaned and ready for the New Year too! If you live in a cold climate like we do here in Ontario, Canada then take your vehicle to the car wash and have them clean it inside and out. If you are lucky and live in a warmer climate then turn on the hose and clean your own vehicle inside and out, and while you're cleaning it put your heart and all your positive energy into it as that energy transfers back into your vehicle which is great Feng Shui!
3) Do a space clearing session – A space clearing helps you to let go of any low and/or negative energy that is lingering around and it freshens and brightens up your environment for better things to come into your life. So after you have decluttered and cleaned your environment do a space clearing with sage/smudging, essential oils (I would recommend Young Living essential oils) or do a saltburn.
Whichever way you choose to clear your space use something that you love so that you are shifting that energy while performing this very powerful space clearing session.
Wishing you and your families an Abundant and Fabulous 2017!
-Install good lighting inside and outside (for safety as well as it makes your guests feel welcomed)
-Place a beautiful welcome mat inside and outside (attracts positive Chi)
-Add plants to bring life to this area of your home
-Add a mirror to a wall that is not directly facing towards the door (keeps the Chi energy in your home)
-Make sure your door can open all the way and that nothing is behind it that stops it (blocked opportunities = blocked money)
-Add some beautiful artwork to this area (make your guests feel welcomed)
-Place a small table near the door to put keys and mail (for convenience)
-Have a place for boots and shoes to be put away
-If you do not have a closet near your front door, put some beautiful and decorative hooks on the wall or place a coat rack nearby for your guests to hang their coats
-Have a bench with storage near the front door for you and your guests to have a place to sit while putting on or taking off your footwear
-Replace blown out light bulbs immediately (this will keep you from feeling burnt out)
-Keep this area clean and well maintained
-Keep a dirty mat at your front door on either side of the door (attracts negative energy)
-Let a damaged door or loose handle get in the way of your opportunities, repair and replace as needed
-Paint your door a color you do not like (creates negative energy every time you look at your front door)
-Keep kids backpacks in the Foyer
-Have Clutter in and around the Foyer
Have a wonderful evening and post your questions or comments below.
Author's note: Sorry for the late post everyone! Everything has been a bit hectic but I'm back on track now :)
Your front entrance creates a first impression...what impression are you making to yourself, your neighbours and the Chi that brings Wealth and
all the wonderful opportunities into your life?
When the weather is not so cold outside (lol) take a minute and stand in front of your home and look at your front entrance...does it give off a feeling of wealth, abundance, pride of ownership, success or a feeling of sadness, misfortune and neglect?
Are you able to see your front door from the street or is it covered up by overgrown bushes or vines or do you have to go through an obstacle course (around all the garbage, toys, sports equipment) to get to your front entrance?
LIKE attracts LIKE - if your home looks broken and unloved that is exactly what you will attract in your life.
Things to fix, remove or replace at your front entrance:
-Peeling paint on the door, planters or porch
-A broken door handle
-A torn screen on the storm door or windows
-Leaking roof or shingles lifting up or damaged
-Trees and bushes that are overgrown
-Garbage or recycling bins
-Toys, bicycles, sports equipment
-No lights or broken lights
Make sure the path that is leading to your front entrance is clear, cleaned, maintained and well lit and you will be amazed at all the wonderful opportunities that will come your way...
Clutter is anything in your environment that is not loved, used or has not moved in at least two years. As you probably noticed, "Clutter" came up at the top of the list of what NOT to have in any areas of the Bagua during Part 1 of "A Tip a Day with Feng Shui". The reason for that is, the removal of "Clutter", in my opinion as a Feng Shui Practitioner as well as a Professional Organizer, is the first thing you need to do before adding any cures, moving furniture, decorating etc..because when you have too much stuff in your environment that "Stuff" slows down and can even block the Chi which brings you opportunities to attract love, money, a better career, fame, helpful people etc...
The removal of clutter, getting organized and cleaning are three best cures you can do for your Feng Shui to work better and faster. They are also the best things you can do for your mind, body and spirit. It's a way of shedding the weight of the world that may be on your shoulders as well as any other place the weight may be sitting. (LOL)
So if you are feeling "stuck" somewhere in your life then start declutter that gua first. Pick up and remove the clutter off the floors, counter tops
and even in the drawers. Then move onto your closets, garage, basement, storage room, vehicles and garden sheds. If you are feeling unfocused or your brain is feeling foggy then start clearing out the clutter in your computer too as removing this type of clutter can help clear your mind and help you to focus. You may be surprised at how "unstuck" you start to feel once you start to declutter your environment.
If you need any help decluttering or getting organized in your environment send me an email or give me a call to set up a consultation. And
of course post your questions here.
Have a great evening and stay warm!
Did you know that Feng Shui isn't just for your home or office? You can apply the principles of Feng Shui to anything that you travel in including your Car, Truck, RV or Boat.
To place your Bagua in your vehicle the correct way, place it in the position that puts WEALTH,FAME,RELATIONSHIPS guas where the Engine is and the truck of the vehicle will be in the SKILLS, CAREER, HELPFUL PEOPLE guas. The reason we place the Bagua this way is that the Engine is considered a "Fire" element as it is red and active, like an engine and the Trunk is considered a "Water" element as it is a dark/water energy. Keep your protective Bagua under the driver's floor mat.
Some things to consider about your vehicle:
1. Does your vehicle accurately reflect who you are today or does it reflect who you were at some point in your past?
2.If your vehicle is used for your business, how is it representing your company?
3. Does your vehicle welcome guests?
4. Does your vehicle have so much clutter that you have to declutter it before someone can sit in it?
5. Does your vehicle look like a fast food garbage bag with all the wrappers, take out boxes and bags?
6. Does your vehicle need a good cleaning inside and out?
7. Do you properly maintain your vehicle? *An oil leak is the same as having a bathroom faucet leak...it's continually draining you of Chi and your money.
No matter what make or model of vehicle you drive, think of it as your mini home and know that it’s important to keep the interior and exterior of your vehicle clean, decluttered and smelling nice so that you keep the chi energy flowing. I would suggest that you make up an aromatherapy spray bottle with distilled water and of course Young Living Essential Oils. I have used a variety of oils like geranium, lemon, stress away and joy as I feel that all of these oils really help keep the interior of my vehicle calm and smelling wonderful.
Another protective measure you may also want to consider is smudging your car with sage to cleanse old energy from it. You'll want to do this when you can let the car air out afterward. And be mindful that no ashes fall on the upholstery or carpeting when you are smudging.
Hope everyone has an amazing day!
Stay tuned for next week's blog!
I am a Certified Feng Shui Practitioner, Professional Organizer, Young living Essential Oils Distributor and mother of two children.