When we enjoy being in our kitchen we will spend more time creating delicious meals that nurture our bodies and souls. If we don't enjoy them or dislike them, we will find excuses not to spend time making healthy dinners for our families. As the saying goes "The kitchen is where the Heart is" and I personally believe this to be true. Your kitchen represents your health and the connections that you have with your family members.
In Feng Shui, our kitchens are one of the most important rooms in our homes no matter where they are located on the Bagua Map because the stove is the appliance that generates a flow of abundance because of it's fire energy. The Stove creates the fire energy that enters the kitchen through the burners on the stove which brings with it the "Chi" that draws in prosperity.
My Feng Shui recommendations for your kitchen to help keep you and your family healthy as well as to keep your Wealth flowing in is to make this room bright, happy and beautiful. Kitchens are one of the more active or yang areas of the home, so bring in the brighter colors, inspiring artwork, brighter lighting and nature. Live plants and/or pictures of nature always inspire our souls.
Tips for your kitchen and your wealth:
1. Get your kitchen organized – kitchens seems to attract everyone's "Stuff". To avoid this, set up specific places for everyone's "stuff" to go so that it doesn't end up on your kitchen counter, stove top, on top of the fridge or in your cupboards. As we all know, Kitchens never have enough cupboard or counter space and these spots are considered "Prime Real Estate" so don't allow people's "stuff" to be left there.
2. Make sure your oven, stove top burners and knobs are all in good working order, clear of "Stuff" and kept clean because your stove oversees your finances and brings in the prosperity energy or “chi”.
3. Try to use all 4 burners rather than just using one particular one as it keeps the energy flowing. When the fire is flowing freely through all the burners, this means that the fire energy connected to your finances is working in your favor.
4. The stove should be placed in the "Power" position of the room. The "Power" position location is when the cook is at the stove and he or she is facing the most frequently used kitchen entryway. In Feng Shui, they believe that the cook's energy goes into the food that they are making, if they get surprised or scared by someone sneaking up on them then that energy goes into the food they are making for their family.
5.If you are unable to move your oven then place a mirror behind the oven or place something reflective on your stove top for you to be able to see who's coming up behind you.
6. By adding something reflective like a tea kettle on the stop top or a hood above the burners this will double your burners which doubles your wealth energy.
7. If you eat your meals in your kitchen make this a "No Electronics" zone. Keep meal time a calm and sharing time, a time to reconnect with your love ones. Have a beautiful table with comfortable chairs, artwork on the wall and nice dishes to eat off of. If you live alone, make it a ritual of also turning off your electronics and putting on some inspiring music to relax to while enjoying your meal.
8. Fix any leaks that you have because in Feng Shui, water energy also affects your money flow as well as your emotional reactions to all life situations.
Tonight have a relaxed and enjoyable evening and tomorrow start Feng Shui'ing your kitchens to help your health and your finances.
How to make your doors work for you, not against you:
Squeaky doors - Does your door squeak or whine when you open or close it? A squeaky door is annoying and no matter what area it is on the Bagua that annoyance will transfer to that area of your life.
Two natural ways to get rid of that squeaky door:
1. Rub a cucumber slice on the hinge
2. Rub a bar of soap on the hinge
Stuck doors - Does your doors stick and make it hard to open? The frustration that you feel every time you try to open that door will transfer to that part of your life. Example: If your door is stuck in the relationship gua, guess what issue you will have in your relationship with your significant other? Yup, you guessed it...one of you will start to feel "Stuck"... Fix those stuck doors today...it could save your relationship.
Feng Shui Plants:
Plants can be a wonderful benefit to your home or office. There are a variety of plants that make great Feng Shui cures as they add beauty to your space as well as they help remove Pollutants from your environment, for example; benzene and trichloroethylene.
Hanging plants and indoor vines can be used to soften corners that shoot killing Chi into a space while colorful and flowering plants can be used to correspond with the colors that relate to that area of the Bagua.
4 added benefits to using plants as a Feng Shui cure:
- Instantly make a space feel like a home
- Can fit into anyone's home's decor
Whenever possible use real live plants, although realistic looking silk plants can be used in Feng Shui for spaces with low light (such as in basements) or for people who don't have a green thumb. As I mentioned in "Part A" of my "Tip a Day with Feng Shui", remove any dead or dying plants as they create stagnant and dead energy.
Money trees and Bamboo stalks are fun, easy to grow and a nice addition to any space.
Some suggestions to consider for indoor plants:
-Lady or Areca Palms
Take a look around your environment and see where a new plant could make a big difference for your health and your Feng Shui.
There are many different ways to do a space clearing but in the end all the results are the same... the energy in your environment will be fresher and clearer and you may even feel lighter like a weight
has been lifted off your shoulders.
After I do either the Salt burn and/or the Essential oil space clearing in my clients home or office I receive a call, text or email usually within a day of their consultation from them saying how much better they feel and how much this has helped them to feel motivated to do XYZ.
When I work with my clients I always recommend that they perform a space clearing before they add any Feng Shui cures which includes de-cluttering because they will get better and faster results.
What is space clearing?
Space clearing is the art of clearing and revitalizing the energies
in an environment.
Why is space clearing necessary?
Energetically, everything that happens in your environment goes into everything around you. That energy is attached to the floor, ceiling, walls, furniture and in every other item you have in your environment including your clothing, animals, your loved ones and even yourself.
Actions and behaviors that are repetitive, good or bad, are deeply imprinted and these actions that have strong emotions attached especially those of a trauma, are the ones that are strongly imprinted.
I'm sure you have all walked into a room after someone has had an argument and you can literally feel the energy that is still hanging in the air... even if that argument happened a few hours before you arrived. You don't always know what happened but you can always feel an uncomfortable and uneasy feeling.
Who needs space clearing?
I would say pretty much just about everyone. If you are looking for an easy way to clear any negative energies that are hanging around or you just want your home to feel energetically clean and clear then I would recommend doing a space clearing.
How often should you do a space clearing?
I would say it depends on what's going on in your life, who has lived in your home or on the land that you have built your home or business on. The least amount would be once a year.
If you have a lot of stress in your life or are going through a difficult time ie. Divorce, Death of a loved one, going back to school, making a major life change then I would recommend doing maintenance space clearing once a week or at least once a month but in the end, you have to decide what works for you.
How do you do a space clearing?
I am going to share with you two space clearings that I love to do. My recommendation is to try them both and then you decide which one works best for you.
Using Essential Oils For Clearing Negative Energy Around You!
When you enter a room it either makes you feel light and happy or drained and tired... either way, you are responding to the energy of that environment. Essential oils can help you to clear away any stagnant or negative energy and raise your vibrational frequency which will make you feel better. Depending on which essential oils you use to clear your space when you are finished your environment will smell sooo good!
I would recommend that you use Young Living essential oils when doing this space clearing... I say this because, in my opinion, these oils are the purest and the best on the market. If you want to understand why I feel this way and/or learn more about Young Living essential oils please click on this link and watch these video...you will thank me later. If you are interested in ordering any Young Living products please contact us at 905-391-8801 as we would be happy to help you.
ESSENTIAL OIL SPACE CLEARING
You will need:
1 glass spray bottle
8 or more drops of your favorite essential oil
I normally add 8 to 9 drops of my favorite essential oil to a glass bottle because according to Feng Shui, the most auspicious numbers, based on the sound of the numbers, are eight and nine. The number eight sounds like the word for rich or wealth. Number nine equates to a long life or eternity. However, depending on the size of the bottle and the room when I add any more drops I will do so by 8 or 9's - 8, 16, 24/9, 18, 27.
Performing the Essential oil Space Clearing
You can use this type of Space Clearing to clear away any negative energy in your environment in your homes, offices, basements, storage lockers, classrooms, vehicles, boats, sheds, garages etc...
*I use the SINGLES to perform the space clearing and then once I have cleared the negative energy I then either diffuse or spray the BLENDS to help reinforce what it is that I am wanting to attract.
Sage, Frankincense, Lemon, Lavender, North Lights Black Spruce, Cedarwood etc.
Abundance, Clarity, Purification, Forgiveness, Peace & Calming, Highest Potential, Gratitude etc.
The 2nd Space Clearing that I would recommend is to do a Saltburn.
This ritual was shown to me by one of my amazing Feng Shui teachers Karen Rauch Carter. This is a very powerful way to clear the stagnant and/or negative energy of a room and it's so easy to do.
SALT BURN SPACE CLEARING
You will need:
1 coffee mug you don't mind throwing away
A fire-safe place to place the mug into (I.e aluminum pan)
3 handfuls of Epsom salt
Lighter or matches
A bottle of high-alcohol content alcohol (80% proof or higher as anything lower won't burn) *Karen recommends using an unopened bottle of alcohol every time but that isn't always possible with the price of our liquor here in Ontario Canada compared to her's in the U.S. LOL
Performing the Salt burn
-Place the coffee mug in a shallow pan of water
-Fill your palm with Epsom salt and place it into the mug (three times)
-Pour the alcohol into the mug to just cover the salt
-Light a match and drop it into the mug
-While the mixture is lit, visualize any negative, sluggish or inappropriate energies for you going into the fire and being transformed into positive energy or simply taken away.
-If you would like, you can add a mantra, mudra or prayer that you feel connected to.
When the salt burns out, let it cool down (approx 20-30 minutes) then take the mug with the Epsom salts in it and throw it into the garbage outside. Do not leave it in your home as that negative energy that you just removed is still in that mug!
*Remember: Never leave this coffee mug unattended while It's burning
The benefits of combining Feng Shui and Space clearings
For your life to run smoothly it is vital to have a good flow of clear, vibrant energy in every environment that you are in, especially when it's for long periods of time. When you perform a space clearing you are clearing away stuck and/or negative energy/chi. Doing this will help make your Feng Shui cure work better and faster in addition it will make you and your loved ones feel better!
To book your Feng Shui consultation or to order any Young Living
essential oils please contact us at 905-391-8801.
Thank you and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Clean with Citrus - At this time of year we don't normally open up our windows as often as we would in the Spring, Summer or Fall so why not bring the "Sunshine" feeling into your home all year long.
A great way to do that is by cleaning with a Citrus essential oil like Young Living's Lemon, Orange, Citrus Fresh and Grapefruit. These oils are great for cleaning your home or office because they can lift the stagnant energy and get the positive energy flowing.
Here's some quick and easy cleaning recipes to make your own 100% pure natural cleaning products:
*Mix Young Living's Orange or Grapefruit essential oils with some vinegar and you have a natural window cleaner.
*Add Young Living's "Citrus Fresh" essential oil with Distilled water and you have a natural all purpose cleaner to use throughout your home.
*Young Living also has a wonderful smelling and great cleaning product called "Thieves"...it's made with Cinnamon Bark, Clove, Rosemary, Lemon and Eucalyptus Radiata....it smells heavenly!!
*If you would like to order any Young Living essential oils or if you would like to become a member and receive a free membership contact me at 905-391-8801.
2. Go shopping in your own home to adjust the energy in your environment. When the energy in your home feels "Stuck" it might be time to change the environment...a great way to do this is to start moving furniture around in your home. For an example: Take a chair from the dining room and put it in your office or take a piece of art from the living room and place it in your Foyer. Simple little things like this can make a real difference in how the energy feels in a room.
3. Take a look in your closets, under your bed, in your basement and in your cupboards and really get honest with yourself and only keep what you really Love and Need...no guilt trips, no what if's and no but it cost me... If you haven't used it in the past year then it's time to say "Goodbye". This is a great way to get rid of any negative or stagnant energy in your home and you may even find something to help you redecorate your home with.
4. With winter comes much more darkness so it's time to make some changes to your environment to remove the stagnant energy that comes with winter. You can do this by doing both of these things:
A) - Change your Light bulbs to full spectrum lighting - Here's some information about the benefits of Full Spectrum Lights
What are full spectrum lights?
* They provide a clear, brilliant, white light equivalent to natural light.
* They simulate the exact color of sunlight at noon.
Why use full spectrum lights?
* Since people spend more time indoors there is a need for a source of beneficial light.
* Mal Illumination is caused by the lack of sunlight to the human body.
How do full spectrum lights help?
* Simulates the optical brilliance of sunlight.
* Generates clearer vision and higher perception.
* Less glare and less eye fatigue.
* Stimulates the pineal gland - producing the hormones serotonin and melatonin.
What are the health benefits of full spectrum lighting?
Benefits from exposure to full spectrum lighting may include:
* increased oxygen intake
* a reduced heart rate
* increased ability to absorb vitamin D & calcium
* improved muscle utilization
* less stress
What is SAD?
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a condition brought on by the lack of beneficial sunlight, experienced during the winter months. Symptoms include depression, irritability and energy loss.
B) Open up your curtains and blinds during the day to let the sunshine in (well when the sun actually decides to show up LOL) Doing this can help
with mood swings, outlook on life and increase your energy level.
Spend time improving the energy in your home this Winter...your LIFE will thank me! ;)